Translate

Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Transition from the Material to the Spiritual

 


Transition from the Material to the Spiritual

As a child my mother used to tell me stories about various saints and I always found them fascinating and frankly a bit out of this world. As I grew up after my father passed away very early in our life, I got to stay with my uncle who was highly spiritual and while traveling around with him I actually got to stay in some remote ashrams in the proximity of saints. My uncle was also a scholar and avid reader, artist, etc. and in his library, I found books written by Tuesday Lobsang Rampa in which he spoke about astral travel. This got imprinted on my young mind and I invariably would wonder where all one could travel at the speed of thought if one could get out of one’s body!!

Thereafter life happened and as I lived it, I also somehow had the spiritual buried deep in the subconscious. It just needed a nudge, which came in 2008 and my whole life changed. Frankly nothing changed and everything changed. Life went on as usual, but deep within me a transformation was taking place, a calmness was getting developed, acceptance was becoming a part of my life as my ego got whittled down little by little.

Interaction with people continued as usual, my professional life continued as usual but there was an added flavour now – that was meditation, that first became something I had to do, and now it is something that just happens. Meditation has helped me become more balanced, got rid of the anger, minor health issues like cough and cold, the ego does not interfere with situations as I have learnt to accept and face whatever life now throws at me – as I now believe that whatever is now happening is for raising my level of consciousness. This has helped me in becoming a witness and not getting emotionally involved in situations – as believe me that hampers your judgement.

In a way, once meditation became a regular morning-evening activity (12 years non-stop now) everything else just fell into place. It is not that there were no karmic problems which I had to face, but because of meditation and because of the deep conviction that our Guru and His collectivity is with me, nothing will happen to me – so I just faced the adverse situations and sailed through them without any issue.

Link to a healthy weight toss diet - https://bit.ly/3hc2ECe

 

                                

 


No comments: