Translate

Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Running After God

 

Photo Credit: Just Between Us Magazine

Running After God

We remember God only during tough times, only when we face challenges in life which seem insurmountable – that is when we remember God from the depths of our heart. Then we go to temples, churches, mosques, gurudwaras etc depending on which religion we have been born into! We have completely forgotten our true nature and we keep running after God to help us and save us from our current predicament!

My mother strongly believed in horoscopes and what the astrologers predicted – she used to worry about me, as I was quite carefree and reckless as a child. And as I grew up, I realised that all the predictions about my elder siblings always proved accurate but not about me. Then we met an astrologer cum seer who told me that your horoscope is difficult to predict as there are other factors ruling your planets – thereafter I would take all those predictions positively which just helped me get through the next crisis in life. But my nature continued to be carefree and joyous without a bother about what life is dishing out for me, facing each challenge head-on with a smile and moving on.

That phase of my life taught me that we have to face our challenges, our karma, and move on – God is always there as a psychological booster to help you face your challenges, just don’t run away – the moment you run away, the same problem will take another more severe form tell you learn that life’s lesson and move on.

The idea is to stop running after God, stop all the external rituals which we keep following thinking that God is watching and he will help – God always helps those who help themselves – that is a cardinal lesson which we all need to learn. Don’t beg and plead and ask for mercy – no use – God will not listen to your pleas, there are billions of people who are doing what you are, so you will be in queue!

The best approach is to awaken the God within you, once you do that you will find guidance coming your way from within – you will suddenly find you have the strength and fortitude to face life’s challenges with a smile on your face! Once a Satguru or living Master enters your life, and plants the seed of awakening within you, you find that your external chase for God was a waste of time, when he existed within you all the time!

With this realisation contentment and satisfaction, joy and bliss become a part of your life, the chase has ended, there is no more stress. Purity of heart gives rise to contentment, and gradually you learn to rise above your wants and desires. Your body and mind become calm and peaceful. Cosmic Awareness starts functioning from within you. Let your ego rest and allow your awareness to guide you!


No comments: