Translate

Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Me, Me Me - You, You, You

 

Photo Credit: Fearless Soul

Me, Me, Me - You, You, You

Most people's thinking revolves around their own selves – it’s always about ‘me, me, me!’ The more one’s thinking centres around your own self, the more karma you attract. “What can I get? What should I wear? How do I look? What should I do?” I, I, I – all the way I! It is not possible to avoid karma which has already accrued, but we can avoid fresh karma by not doing anything for our own sake. We can do this by always feeling, “Everything is happening through God’s energy, I am only the medium. Whatever I am doing is not with selfish motive. Whatever I do is for the sake of others, for the overall benefit of humanity in the name of Paramatma.” If we think and act like this, all our actions become selfless service, Karma Yoga. We do not create any new karma in this manner.

It is not possible to exhaust all the accrued karma in one life-time – this is simply because we live life in ignorance and as we endure our old karma, we keep on adding fresh karma – both good and bad. This becomes a never-ending wheel of life, till the time we meet a realised Master in our life who shows us the path to liberation. When the Master introduces us to the path of meditation and leads us to self-realisation, the whole outlook changes – it all becomes about Paramatma – “You, You, You”! Whatever is happening is happening with His grace and we just learn to go with the flow.

Once this realisation dawns on us, we find out that there is nothing ‘good’ or ‘bad’ – these are all tricks of the mind. Whatever is, just is – and that is existence! We realise that we are not the ‘doer’, whatever is happening is all because of You, You, You. We realise that our past karma too is not ‘ours’ – we made mistakes and attracted that karma – give us the strength to face this karma, because we are a part of You and this karma happened too, because of You.

Let us subsume our ego, let go of the self and merge with the One, the Effervescent One – then there is no duality – there is no I, there is no You – It is just One, the Divine Light – Universal Consciousness!


No comments: