Translate

Monday, June 7, 2021

The Value of a Moment

 


The Value of a Moment

We all live our lives blindly going from crisis to crisis, joy to joy, anxiety to anxiety and so on and so forth! We live either in the past, dwelling on memories and sometimes moping about them or thinking and dreaming of the future which is nothing but a dream. To make that dream come true we have to learn to value the present moment, because if we live in the present moment, giving it our full focus, then whatever work we are doing in the now becomes the foundation stone to what could be the potential future.

We never learn the value of a moment unless we have some close encounters with fate. For instance, I was out for my early morning run one day and as I was approaching a T-junction on the road, suddenly in my mind’s eye I saw two headlights careening towards me at great speed, I instinctively slowed down and in the next couple of seconds a mini-van shot out of the lane at the T-junction, that too in the wrong direction of a one-way street! If I had not slowed down, I would not be writing this post today! That is the value of a moment – we live with every breath we inhale and die with every breath we exhale – if we are unable to take the next breath means we are history! Many times, we never realise the value of a moment till it becomes a memory – I know so many people who regret the way they spoke/behaved with their parents, relatives, friends and wanted to apologise but never got down to doing it because the ego wouldn’t allow it and then they regret not doing so because the other person dies suddenly. That is the value of a moment.

Whatever we need to do now, we should do now and never put it off because we never know what is going to happen next. It is best to live life as a witness. For doing this, meditation under the guidance of a realised Master is the best way which I have found. You too should try meditation and learn to live in the moment, because the moment is the only reality, else it is history or a mystery yet to unfold!

Link to a healthy weight toss diet - http://shop.zoe.menu/VB