Translate

Thursday, April 22, 2021

The Nature of One’s Soul

 


The Nature of One’s Soul

Since childhood I was very fond of reading comics, novels and a whole lot of entertaining reading. In the vacations I would join a local library and bring a book home to read. I was kind of greedy and would slip in a commando comic inside my trouser and take one book in hand and register the book in the hand and go. Next day I would return the registered book and quietly slip the comic in the comic section. This went on successfully for a few days and then one day I got a tremendous sensation in the small of my back and a voice kept telling me to put the comic back. But I ignored it!! When I went to register the book in my hand the attendant asked me to raise my shirt and I did so and he removed the comic, accused me of stealing and gave me a tight slap across my face. I had nothing to say, as it would have just made things worse. The reason for telling you this story is that during your youth the soul is very strong and keeps talking to you – we stop listening to it, that’s when it becomes dormant.

The nature of one’s soul is always pure and pristine; it is our intellect and the muck we gather in society that makes the physical body in the form of that individual as ‘good’ or ‘bad’. In fact, nothing is good or bad – it just is – it is our perception of things and events and people which makes things, situations, people appear to be good or bad.

When we start meditating and start going within into the proximity of our soul, that is when we come to know the beauty of our soul. The moment this starts happening the nature of the physical body also starts becoming like that of the soul – we start becoming like children - innocent, care free, joyous and full of fun. It all starts reflecting in our personality as people start getting attracted towards you for no apparent reason. You will definitely observe this as years go by and your state improves through regular meditation. That is the nature of everyone’s Soul – pure innocence, joyous and carefree!