Translate

Thursday, January 13, 2022

Know Your Purpose in Life

 

Photo Credit: Pinterest

Know Your Purpose in Life

The earlier we come to know the true purpose in life the better it is for all of us. Very few people realise that their true purpose in life is liberation and work towards it. Such people become Masters, attain self-realisation and begin guiding others to realise their purpose in life.

When we go through school and college, we are all asked what is our purpose in life, what are our plans, etc – and we all give the usual platitudes – make money, make a name, become famous, do the best one can etc. Discovering one’s “purpose” in life essentially boils down to finding those one or two things that are bigger than yourself, and bigger than those around you, values that will determine your priorities and guide your actions. It’s not about some great achievement, but merely finding a way to spend your limited amount of time well.

I was asked this question very often by my family, my brothers and friends and I would always respond, ‘to practice as a chartered accountant’ – this answer was always wishy-washy, but I would say it and avoid saying anything further. It is only about 12 years ago when I went for a meditation camp and had the seed of awakening planted within me that I realised my true purpose in life.

Those eight days are imprinted in my mind as probably the best thing that ever happened to me – I was not seeking spirituality, nor was I looking for a Guru – it looked like universal consciousness pulled me out of nowhere and plonked me at the venue, it was as if the Guru-energies had already selected me and brought me there. The spiritual experience that I got was mind-blowing and I was totally sold into the concept of Samarpan Meditation.

After the eight days, I did the follow-up of 45 days regular meditation and I got hooked. I have never looked back since, nor regretted the decision to go for the camp. My purpose now seems to have become how to inspire other people to come onto this path and share what I have received with them. Probable over the last 13 years more than a hundred people have connected and are now meditating regularly. This feeling of joy which one gets for showing the ‘path’ to your friends and relatives is indescribable. There is no selfish motive – just the joy of sharing your Guru’s bounty with others.

The Guru does everything else, we just become empty pipes through which his energy passes and does the work. The emptier we become, the better mediums we are for spreading the knowledge that the Guru wishes to share. So, do become empty and help spread the message so that others too find their purpose in life.


No comments: